Metroblog

But I digress ...

18 February 2010

Blowing the Dust Off

Phew. Who the hell left this sandwich lying on the console?

Okay, so I was away for a while. I want to thank the staff and those husky damn interns at the Sunnyvale Home for the Particularly Stressed for the length of my stay, and a certain pathological psycologist (you know who you are, sweetie) for its abrupt end, and I'm sure the insurance will cover everything.

Lots going on in Canada right now. In particular there's the Olympics. Yet somehow they seem smaller and meaner than the 2000 gala. My country's neuroses seem to be on full display. Perhaps because everything feels like a little too little of most things (snow, actual tickets rather than fake ticket shops, the hopeless bloody Canada Pavillion pictured below) and far too much of others ("own the podium," Prime Ministerial photo-ops, those stupid-ass mascots and also the Canada Pavillion).



Parliament still isn't sitting. The Harpercons are relying on the Olympic spectacle to distract the masses, so it seems. Well hey, if you can't give them bread, give 'em circuses, I guess. O'course bread could be had had we not spent our bread money on tax cuts and Olympic circuses.

But still, whatever gets you through, eh?

Of the Olympics, I think the best thing is that due to the neurotic rah-rah "own the podium" propaganda push, we have at least learned the names of some of our athletes.

Me? Well I've been busy elsewhere. That is all ye know and all ye need know. I haven't forgotten my promise to address the silliness of global warming denialism, and I plan on making that my next effort.

Hope you've all been behaving while I was away.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:15 am, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Nice to see you back!

 
At 1:24 pm, Anonymous G Eagle Esq said...

".. Hope you've all been behaving .."

Bonjour Monsieur Metro

You may be a seasoned & perceptive Campaigner .... but you seem to be expressing hope triumphing over (in the case of le Aigle Gris) experience

I flatter myself that I agree with that Kindly & Incisive North-Amerikan Wild=Hound in welcoming you back and in looking forward to your future posts

Alles Gute

Der Graue Adler

 
At 8:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, I have been misbehaving for years.

But it will be good to read your thoughts on the extreme intelligence of your politicians again. We are thinking of exporting Tony Abbott to Canada.

 
At 3:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Metro-Boy,

Glad to see you survived a month in the bug-house. Was wondering where the funk you were. In your absence, you'll be sad to know that Doug Fieger, singer of "My Sharona," kicked the bucket. Rock is officially dead.

EK

 
At 1:31 pm, Anonymous G Eagle Esq said...

Salve, Magister Metrovius

Heil Braun

I flatter myself that I agree with the outRageously entertaining Effendi AerChie on so many things

..... apart of course from Evolution and the anxious qvestion of whether Perth should be towed round the Barrier Reef and then sunk to form a breakwater for Brisbane .... or vice versa

BUT

it is NOT a Friendly act to suggest that Canada should be burdened with the kindly and right-thinking Mr Abbott

... is it not enough that Canada has the right-thinking Mr Howard, surely a man without guile

The real priority should be for the UK to generously give up all the benefits of having Our Dear Leader in No 10

WHEN he could be doing so much in Ottawa as Governor of British North America, now that the British cannot afford an endless supply of Mobile phones to throw at TVs

Vale

Aquila non Candida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home